Log in to facebook
- Log in to your facebook account
Log in to buffer
- Open a new tab
- In the new tab go to bufffer.com
- Click Log-in
- Put in the email and password I sent you
Add your page to buffer
- Click on the Page button under the facebook heading.
- You will see a list of all the pages and groups you run, including your personal profile. #
- Choose the page which is related to the website we are building, where you want content to be automatically posted.
- Click on this page in the list.
Log out of buffer
- You will have been automatically returned to your dashboard after adding your page
- Click on My Account (top right)
- A menu will drop down
- Click on Sign out
You’re done! Email Anna and let her know!
For most of my Clients, when I set them up with an account on their site I tweak what options they can see when they are writing a blog post, to make sure that the interface is as simple and relevant as possible.
However, as their site grows in size and complexity, more options might be used/needed. Here is how to add some more boxes of opetions to your screen. We will start with adding the box for tagging options, as this is usually one of the first features I will set up for clients as their site grows.
These instructions assume you are using a desktop or large tablet computer.
Then go to Posts > Add new
On the Add a New Post page, click the Screen options tray right at the top of the page.
Select the new boxes you have been suggested to add. In this case, categories. You can add more Boxes if you want, but adding items you don’t need yet will clutter up your screen when you are blogging. My suggestion is to always have only the minimum number of boxes on your screen (that’s what I do personally).
Close the Screen Options tray by clicking on Screen Options again. Then check out your new box of options!