Following the success of a previous project, I was asked to tidy up and move a second archive of 650 legal documents dated 2000 to 2010.
The end result of the project is the following two pages:
This project required an understanding of the workings of General Synod, including the structure and contents of documents in order to be able to spot errors in the archive.
- Designing a workflow, filename and metadata schema
- Downloading and renaming each PDF from the old archive
- Checking the contents of each document match the title and description
- Creating a list of missing titles and merging in any that could be found elsewhere
- Uploading them to the new Drupal website
- Tagging, naming etc
- Creating new pages with drop-down sections for each conference
- Creating lists of the files, matching the files to the conference
- Linking to the files using html
- Checking the work